Pages

Friday, October 1, 2010

Movie night. "The Jacket"


I love watching psychological thriller movies, the ones which make your brain think. The ones, concepts of the story lines of which make you scared, they're the really good ones! When your brain goes wondering, and you start imagining things, trying to figure out what's going on and why, that's what makes a movie truly interesting to me. I don't like to be frightened by jumping onto the screen things (whatever it is), or by spilled all over the screen blood. I like to think and imagine. So therefore I find the psychological thriller is one of the best genres of scary movies.


The movie I am writing about tonight is "The Jacket", 2005 psychological thriller film directed by John Maybury.
The story is set in 1991 in the mental institution where as a result of previous circumstances Gulf War veteran Jack Starks became a subject to a psychiatric experiment, he's been injected with drugs and put away inside the morgue drawer in the straight jacket.
Inside the drawer while trying to figure out what's actually happening to him and why he's being here, Starks starts seeing a visions.
I won't tell any more details about the story, instead I recommend you to see this movie for yourselves.
The concept of the movie is quite original. The film was done in the style of "12 monkeys" and "Butterfly effect". Some parts of it remind me a recent movie "Shutter Island", but knowing that, don't forget that "The Jacket" came out first.
All together, it is a great movie, well worth watching, I would rate it 4 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ all your comments! So please, feel welcome to say what you think!