Pages

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Movie night

Friday night, I thought it would be a perfect time to relax and watch a movie. So my partner and myself hired out a few DVD's'. I picked up a couple for myself. One of them was called "Irreversible". Frankly, the title and the back of the DVD with the brief introduction intrigued me, I was looking forward to find out what the movie would be about.
Later when my kids fell asleep and my husband went on the computer, I sat down in the lounge-room, in anticipation to see it.



Well, what can I say. I wish they'd describe at least a little bit of the storyline, so I wouldn't have touched it at all. The movie turned out to have a very heavy and disturbing content based around sexual violence. Just the opening scene itself was too aggressive and intensively hard to watch. It sure does "grab you by your throat", but I honestly could not go past the beginning. I was not sure, whether or not to continue, so I looked up the web for the movie reviews, and I have found out that the movie touches different aspects, such as: love, sex, rape, violence, crime and prostitution. As I have read, the hardest part of the film was the disturbing and brutal rape scene.
To be honest I don't see the point of making movie so shocking that it almost impossible to watch.

You have to be desensitised to be able to watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ all your comments! So please, feel welcome to say what you think!