Pages

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Thinking about Moscow...

It has been awhile since I have visited Moscow. It's not easy sometimes to be far away from the place where you were born in.

It's nostalgic...
There are so many things I think about when I remember my Moscow, so many great memories. I love my Moscow, and those years I have spent there in this beautiful city!


Recently, I've been reading poetry of one Russian poet - Sergei Yesenin (Сергей Есенин). He is one of my favourite poets, he lived and wrote his works during the "Silver age" of Russian literature which was the beginning of 1900's.
He was a most talented, popular and loved poet.
Here is one of his poems.

Sergei Yesenin

     *  *  *
I have left my endeared   home,
Getting out of my Russia of blue.
    Little grove by the pond will warm
    My old mother"s sorrow anew.
   
    Like a golden croaker the moon
    Lies prostrate on the water tranquil.
    Grizzly hair, like apple-tree bloom,
    In my father"s beard will spill.
   
    I will not come back readily, and
   Singing blizzard will ring on and on.
   Maples guard my blue Russian land,
   Standing there, one-legged, all alone.
   
   And I know that it"s joyous for those
   Who"ve been kissing the rain of the leaves.
   For the maple and I, we both
   Are alike, in the head, that is.

   1918
    Translated from Russian by Alec Vagapov










          *  *  *

Я покинул родимый дом,
Голубую оставил Русь.
В три звезды березняк над прудом
Теплит матери старой грусть.
Золотою лягушкой луна
Распласталась на тихой воде.
Словно яблонный цвет, седина
У отца пролилась в бороде.
Я не скоро, не скоро вернусь!
Долго петь и звенеть пурге.
Стережет голубую Русь
Старый клен на одной ноге,
И я знаю, есть радость в нем
Тем, кто листьев целует дождь,
Оттого, что тот старый клен
Головой на меня похож.
1918

4 comments:

  1. Самый лучший город, из всех, что я видела в жизни.. Это МОСКВА!
    Натик.

    ReplyDelete
  2. А для меня еще и самый родной. И скучать я по ней буду всегда.
    Последнее фото, кстати, вид из маминой квартиры.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you're a long ways from Russia! What took you to Australia? I came over from Saturday Around the World!

    ReplyDelete
  4. а я как раз хотела спросить, про вид из окна :)
    хорошо так: зелень, мокрый асфальт, а значит - свежесть!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ all your comments! So please, feel welcome to say what you think!